30 Apr The Joy And Way Of Learning
The Joy And Way Of Learning
Verses to read:
<Job 32: 7-9>
* Does gray hair and a wise head go hand in hand?
* If we are not receptive and intentional in learning, having much experiences will work against us.
<Php 1:6, 9-11>
<v6> being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
<v9-11> And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
We are all living in an outcome-based system.
With outcome as focus, many of us lose the joy of learning in our lives.
Delivering outcomes doesn’t better us, but learning does.
God has created a world for us to learn about. So don’t be constrained by a system or requirement that you’re living in.
1. Teaching and learning is at the heart of Christian Faith.
* Critical things to learn?
1) Learn to center ourselves upon the knowledge of truth.
2) As we learn, abound in Love.
3) Learn to discern what is “best”.
2. How to enjoy learning, and keep learning?
1) Diversify your learning sources and seasons.
⟹ Get interested in different kinds of people and books
⟹ Beware of: Handphones, System of survival and comparison, being constrained by hobbies and interest
2) Redeem your spare time to learn (esp in city life).
3) Learn through application and confirmation (sometimes collective).
4) Increase both your sense of discernment (critical thinking) and humility in learning. <Pro 3:5-6>
5) Let all your learning make you more effective as the Lord’s witness. <Ecc 12:12-13>
1) Are u driven by outcomes or learning?
2) In what areas especially and why so?
3) How do you wish to overcome it in your case?