31 May Struggle Through Your Weakness
Struggle Through Your Weakness
If we have live long enough, the reality of our weaknesses would be obvious to us. We would have seen in ourselves by now some inabilities, consistent failures, or even character flaws. Many tries to hide those weaknesses, yet the the Bible is pretty frank about them. It didn’t tell us to avoid talking about our weaknesses, but rather learn to see them in the new light of the gospel and receive victory by struggling through them.
Verses to read:
<2 Cor 12:7-10>
7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
9 Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
<1 Peter 3:7>
7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
<2 Ti 1:7>
7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
<1 Cor 1:27>
27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
<1 Cor 9:22>
22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
1. Weakness comes in many forms, but it all got to do with our sinful nature.
1) Circumstantial weakness
2) Consistent weakness
3) Innate weakness
4) Developed weakness
* Whatever the reason for our weaknesses, they always stem from our sinful nature.
2. How to see and manage our weakness in the light of the gospel truths?
1) Weakness is to humble us before God, so that we learn to live in reliance of God’s grace.
2) If need to, put in more prayer and effort in areas we are weak at ⟹ Cultivate godly character in the midst of that.
3) Learn to use our weakness for the Gospel ⟹ To save some.
4) Struggle through, no matter how long it takes.
* Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. ~ <1 Peter 2:11>
* That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” ~ <2 Corinthians 12:10>
3. Evidences you will receive through struggling
1) Become less easily affected by feelings and emotions.
2) Develop more empathy towards people’s weaknesses.
3) Start to value church meetings.
4) Become more anointed in lifting people out of their weaknesses.
1.Can you identify some of your weaknesses?
2.How have they affected you?
3.How do you think you can use them in the light of the gospel?