05 Jun What Do You Think About The Messiah?
What Do You Think About The Messiah?
Verses to read:
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
“The son of David,” they replied.
43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,
44 “‘The Lord (God) said to my Lord (Messiah):
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’
45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?”
46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
- Jesus as 100% Man and 100% God.
- 1) Son of David (Man) = Jesus is Human.
- 2) Lord of David = Jesus is God.
- 3) Understand Jesus as He is: God-Man.
- How should we relate to Jesus both as God and Man?
- 1) Jesus as God => Full Lordship (eternal life; victory).
- 2) Jesus as Man => Seek solace; imitate His example.
- How can we imitate the God-Man Jesus?
- Recognize the divine work in us, and also our human duty.
- How well are you relating to Jesus as Human? Do you always go to Him for empathy and receive grace in your times of need? How much (how willing) are you imitating Him now to live and think like Christ in all situations?
- Are you able to give Jesus full Lordship? What are certain things that stand in the way? In times when u are able to surrender fully to His Lordship, what are some evidences you receive?