30 Jul Living Right In The End Times
Living Right In The End Times
Verses to read:
<1 John 2:17>
17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.
2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
1. “Do you see these things?” <v2>
–> Will pass away <1 Jn 2:17>
- “These things” = Things that attract you
- “Better tomorrow”? “Better world”?
- Confirm: Is the world passing away?
- Illnesses emerging
- Declining spirituality
2. “Watch out that no one deceives you.” <v4>
- Many will claim to be “messiahs” (saviors).
- Even the elect may be deceived <v24>.
- Signs of the approaching end:1)False Messiahs2)Wars and rumors of wars3)Natural disasters4)Persecutions of Christians (external opposition)5)Internal church problems6)Weakened spirituality7)Widespread evangelism globally
3. A lesson from the fig tree.
1) Watch the signs and be vigilant.
- The end will definitely come.
- Signs since human history:
- Noah’s flood
- Destruction of Sodom/Gomorrah
- Israelites’ exile in OT
- Destruction of Jerusalem temple in NT
- WWI and WWII
- Etc, etc
2) Live the right way now.
- Connect everyday with our Master and the HQ in heaven.
–> Power, wisdom and fruits
- Ultimate goal: “4 Gospelisations”
- Regional fields
3) Most correct thing is evangelism in the end times.
<v14> And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- No risk, no chance! à Do not give up just because it is hard.
- Evangelise especially in dark times.
- In each period of darkness, God prepared “the person whom He wants to use”.
- Mourn for the generation
- Restore Immanuel
- Clear of our mission –> Assured and brave.
- Can you sense the end of the age is indeed coming, or does that feel very distant and abstract to you? List some observations. Do you find yourself struggling more as you live in the end times? How so?
- How are you linking your meaning of life, priorities and plans today with the surety of Christ’s second coming and the end of age?