10 Sep Living A Loose Christian Life Yet Feeling Fine
Living A Loose Christian Life Yet Feeling Fine
But the problem is that hatred (for sin) doesn’t come naturally. Even when we live loosely as Christians sometimes, we don’t get big time consequences. So progressively, we got used to those compromising Christian lives. Honestly, how should we pray towards hating a loose Christian life? Let’s confirm through this week’s message.
– Feeling good about indulgence?
– Feeling safe because no consequences?
– Don’t feel like overcoming sinful tendencies?
Verses to read:
<Jn 3:19-20> This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
<Rn 7:21> So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
1. Truth about “Hating Sin”
1) Hatred (for sin) doesn’t come naturally
2) Sinful and unholy feelings are real, but they also lie to us
3) Our new born life also produces feelings that love God and hate sins
- Esp when we submit to God and resist the devil <James 3:7>
- Therefore, rather than feeling accused by those feelings that come from our flesh, we need to keep growing our new feelings of joy and freedom in Christ. Keep feeding your new life with godly emotions and feelings.
- With our new emotions and feelings empowered, we will start to hate sin.
2. How to pray towards hating sin, if I am not feeling much about it?
1) Recognize your fear of being punished or disciplined
2) Let your hatred towards sin develops through the understanding of God’s word
- <Ps 119:104> I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.
- ⟹ The Word warns about the danger of loving sin and tells us how short its pleasure
- ⟹ The Word creates in us love for Holiness
– through a satisfying relationship with God
– through new understanding
3) Pray to develop the fear of the Lord in your Christian life.
- <Pro 8:13> To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
3. Dealing with a loose Christian life
Read <Rel 3:15-21>
1) God said: “Your deeds were neither hot nor cold”
2) God said: “You thought you were rich”
3) God counsels you through the Spirit of truth
- To buy gold refined in fire – Live a life of faith that is tested by fiery trials
- To buy white clothes to wear – Live holy lives
- To buy salve to put on your eyes – See clearly what is of much more worth
- ⟹ be earnest and repent.
4) He who overcomes will sit on the throne with God – Enjoys highest authority
Do u progressively develop hatred towards sin in your Christian walk?
Do you find yourself hate sin usually becoz of God’s holiness or becoz yr own benefits is being jeopardized?
How did you usually get out of lukewarmness in your Christian walk?