18 Oct Living Christian Life With Good Reason And Conviction
Living Christian Life With Good Reason And Conviction
And because of this prevalence, we Christians are losing convictions about what is right and wrong. We are losing the reasons to stand firm in our Christian perspective. Yet, the Gospel truth is compelling a generation to think and speak differently, and to live for what is “critically right” instead of what is “not wrong”.
- Being fallen, we became consequential beings, mostly using consequences to do self-introspection.
- Everyone finds affirmation and confidence through the good consequences (outcomes) they receive; yet developing fear and apprehension through bad consequences.
- Yet, are we living with good reason and conviction given by the gospel truths?
- The fact is we can still make good judgment and conclusion with the truth though we are finite and limited.
- <Php 1:9-10> – To discern what is best and may be pure and blameless till the day of Christ.
Verses to read:
<1 Peter 3:13-17>
1. What are we suffering for right now?
1) We are living in an Era which increasingly only know preference.
- Yet, the truth is conviction far outweighs preference.
2) Suffer for doing good – Supernatural works of the Holy Spirit
3) In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord – Think about what the Lord had done and adore His ways.
2. Good reasons and conviction for your Christian hope
* Reason is the argument of the mind; Conviction is the passion of the heart.
1) Reasoning of the Mind
① The promise of life after death.
② The Father-child relationship we have with God.
③ The very presence of God in our life.
2) Conviction of the Heart
* Some people lack conviction though they are full of knowledge – They are not willing to suffer for the gospel.
- <1 Pe 3:14>: But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed…
- <1 Pe 3:17>: “For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.”
- <Ro 8:17> If we share in His sufferings, we will also share in His glory.
- <Php 1:21> To live is Christ, and to die is gain.
3) The city church is increasingly lacking reason and conviction for the gospel
3. Now, how should we witness the Lord with good reasons and convictions?
1) Live out the will of God, as if in what is critically right.
2) Witness the Lord with gentleness and respect (value lives)
- <Col 4:6> Let your words always be full of grace, seasoned with salt.
3) Yet even then, be prepared to suffer for doing right
- <Ro 12:14> Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse.
- ⟹ Show the value of the Gospel truths
Do you find it hard to profess your faith convincingly and relate what you are convicted about your faith to others? Example?
Do u dare to differ (becoz of your Christian faith) when others don’t feel so? Example?