10 Dec The Reality And Power Of Resurrection
The Reality And Power Of Resurrection
Verses To Read: <Mt 28:1-15>
1. Jesus truly resurrected!
1) Refutation theories which cannot stand:
- a) Disciples stole the body of Jesus.
- b) Jesus simply fainted instead of died.
- c) The “hallucination hypothesis”.
2) Many reliable eye witnesses.
- The women, the disciples, then > 500 other followers <1 Co 15:3-8>.
- Women recorded as the first witnesses proves that it is not a made-up story.
* Other explanations for the empty tomb will pose even more questions, than the real and supernatural truth that Christ has indeed risen.
* If Christ truly resurrected >> real God >> It matters whether we believe Him or not.
2. God overcomes even incredible difficulties!
To be out of the tomb, Jesus faced some big difficulties:
- The heavy stone
- The guards
1) The heavy stone
- The Almighty God also has the power to remove burdens and obstacles in our lives.
2) The guards
- God can win over people and environmental factors.
- This is the greatest problem that humans cannot overcome.
- If humans cannot resolve the root cause of death, which is the penalty for sin, then there is no way out of death.
- But God offers salvation through Jesus.
- If God can even overcome death, what other more trivial problems can He not solve for us?
3. If resurrection is real, how should we live today?
1) Live without accusations.
- <Ro 4:25> He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
- His resurrection proves that Christ has paid the full price for our sins.
- As the stone of the tomb has been rolled away, so is the penalty for our sins.
- Christ’s victory should stir us to fight our sins and devil’s temptations.
2) Live with godly purpose.
- <1 Co 15:32> “If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”
- <1 Co 15:58> “…stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
- Not just know, but share, about Christ’s resurrection.
- When you truly encountered Jesus, you will feel “qualified” to do His work.
- The women’s message: (1) Jesus is alive! (2) Where to find Him?
- Though they were both afraid and joyful, they didn’t let their emotions get in the way of their mission.
- Reward of obedience: Not the outcomes, but the personal encounter with Jesus.
3) Live with hope and live in victory.
- In Christ, we can have a new life, identity and destiny.
- There is nothing God cannot revive.
- Thus, enjoy the power of resurrection daily!
Is there anything in your life that you think is impossible to overcome (e.g.: numbness, indifference, chronic sins, serious life problems, etc)?
Are we tapping on God’s power of resurrection as we live everyday, to overcome the impossible as well as the devil’s accusations?
How have the truth of Jesus’ resurrection directed what you pursue in life?