16 Jun Finding God’s Favor In A Corrupted World
Finding God’s Favor In A Corrupted World
Verses to read:
1. This is a perishing world.
1) Godless culture, sin and dark forces of evil.
2) Even God’s children have conformed to the world.
- More convinced by the world (wisdom and pleasures) than by God.
- Don’t be deceived by Satan’s “make-up” of the world.
<Gen 6> 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. 9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.
2. How should Christians live today in such a “city of destruction”?
1) Be righteous before God.
- Different level of assessment:
- Inner circle
- Not that Noah was sinless, but he believed and obeyed God.
2) Do not pin our hopes on this world.
- Focus on building God’s kingdom, not repairing the world.
- This world is merely a place God temporarily uses to gather His people, save them, sanctify them, reward them.
- When God’s time is up, this world will pass away > New heaven, new earth.
- Does not mean that we ignore all necessary and good work on earth.
- We are only against the godlessness of the world, but not people (lives) in the world.
3) Always remember God’s mission to us.
- <Gen 6> 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. 14 So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. 17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.
- Noah was a “preacher of righteousness” (2 Pt 2:5).
- Dark age was opportunity for him.
- We can also be the “Noah of our era”.
- In every age and generation, God is only concerned about one task, one plan:
- Save His people, Build Kingdom, Glorify His Name.
- When forget this mission > Lost, waste life, unnecessary worries and struggles.
4) Do not be ashamed of being different!
- Not easy, but God will sustain, both Noah and us.