30 Sep Trusting And Acknowledging God First
Trusting And Acknowledging God First
1. Believers will be involved in WARFARE.
1) Within and without.
2) Sometimes not for ourselves, but our loved ones.
3) Impossible to win >>> fight by FAITH.
- Not a “waiting faith”.
- Abram gave God the full credit and trust, as if he could not achieve anything on his own; BUT he also did everything he could, as if all depended upon his faithfulness (to obey God).
4) Nothing is random; even problem is fulfilment of promise.
2. A critical test: WEALTH.
1) Abram passed because he received “financial healing”.
2) No financial healing, no financial blessing.
- “Greedy Lack”.
- “Relative Lack”.
- “Wasteful Lack”.
- Declaration of faith.
- Dedication of self.
- Means to fulfill gospel work.
3. “Melchizedek”: KING-PRIEST.
- Prefigures CHRIST.
- Christ: The Superior Priest.
- Won’t die, forever can intercede for us.
- Once and for all, instead of repeated sacrifices.
- Guarantor of a better covenant.
- Comes to meet us too, with bread and wine: Nourish. Comfort. Bless.
- Do you see yourself as actively or involuntarily engaged in spiritual warfare? Are you having a “waiting faith”, or how have you been doing your part in fighting this battle?
- How much financial healing do you think you have received? Any struggles or testimonies in this area (finances and tithing)?
- In dealing with warfare and sin, how have you seen the help of the King-Priest Jesus in your life?