15 Dec Can Others See That God Is With You?
Can Others See That God Is With You?
Verses to read:
1. Testimony of a non-believer: “God is with you in all that you are doing” <v22>
- God’s blessings on Abraham too obvious.
- Abimelek even confident of God’s future grace on Abraham.
- Willing to make treaty though deceived by Abraham before.
- A king actually pleaded with a foreigner in his own land!
- The praise we should aim for: “God is with you in everything you do.”
2. God fulfills His promises, perhaps slowly, but surely!
- Though not yet possess promised land, at least Abraham owned a well now >>> God’s promise is slowly actualizing
- God is paving the way for Israel to possess promised land, by making Abraham’s name great <cf. Gen 12:2-3>.
- In the process >>> difficulties >>> greater power of God
- God affirms His promise not only by His own word, but also by Abimelek’s testimony
- Our lives may also seem mundane, but God is working in the ordinary.
- We should keep up with our persistent worship of God too.
3. How did Abraham receive such great blessings?
- People cannot see evidences when:
- Didn’t believe God’s word
- Thus didn’t obey
- Of course, no evidences
- Worse, follow own flesh and heart bound by sin and devil
- Abraham was blessed, because God first chose him to bless him.
- But on his part, Abraham also submitted to God, thus could see evidences.
- “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” <Mt 5:8>.
4. How should we live with our neighbours?
- Live in favor of God and man, like Jesus <cf. Lk 2:52>
- Need strong relationship with God:
- Then can draw from His love and wisdom to love others
- Then our lives can exude joy and strength from God to attract others
- Our network of contacts and living fields very important.
- Value people around us.
- Live in harmony as far as possible.
- Witness for God.