06 Jan Theme Message of 2020: The Year Of Lasting Christian Faith
The Year Of Lasting Christian Faith
We used to love things that are built to last. Yet it is pretty peculiar that we are living in an Era now where things are built to change. People are just convinced to buy things with just that little bit of change of design or function, whether it is with their furniture or electric appliances. And it is not hard to realize that the Christian faith taught nowadays are starting to take the same pattern. Find out the pressing reason why we must build a Christian faith that last in these days.
* “He knows the plans HE has for us – plans to prosper us and not to harm us. Plans to give us a future and a hope” <Jer 29:11>.
* Yet, God has put us in a world with enemies, with battle to fight, with victories to claim.
* “…things that cause people to stumble are bound to come” <Luke 17:1>.
* Therefore, we must build a Christian faith that will last, not a faith that changes.
Verses to read: <1 Cor 3:5-15>
1. God’s building.
1) Its about Grace, not men
2) Join God in His work and be rewarded
- ⟹ Be true fellow workers of God!
3) Workers are rewarded according to their labor
2. God’s building
1) Foundation – Person and the work of Jesus Christ.
2) Yet, how do we build upon this foundation?
① Costly and imperishable material – Gold, Silver, Costly Stones
<Php 3:2,18-19> – Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh…. many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.
② Cheap and perishable materials – Wood, Hay or Straw
* No regards to what is obedience and what is unchanging truth principle.
* Merely follow their own preferences and tendencies
* Eventually, they became truth-less and love-less
In 2020, pray to be Christian/minister who is fundamentally:
(1) Grace embracing ⟹ Be humble
(2) Truth Abiding ⟹ Learn obedience
3. The Day will come!
1) The Day – Second coming of the Lord
- <Heb 10:25> … see that the Day is approaching
- <2 Pe 3:9>: the Lord is not slow, but that he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but for everyone to come to repentance.
- <2 Pe 3:10> … that day will come like a thief.
2) Day of Fire (Blazing and fiery eyes of the Lord Jesus)
- <Rel 1:14>: “His eyes were like blazing fire”.
- He will see though the hearts of everyone and test the quality of each man’s work!