08 Jan Building Godly Relationships That Need Each Other
Building Godly Relationships That Need Each Other
The gospel must bring about godly relationships. If those relationships are not formed, we have only learned a theoretical gospel, a gospel that only speaks to the head, but not to the heart. What speaks to the heart will eventually join the hearts, and generate in them a need for each other.
Building Godly relationships that need each other:
* Relationship is that it brings strength and healing
* But what kind of relationship?
- One that share a common eternal affinity
- One that truly know each other and need each other
Verses to read: <Acts 2:42> <Heb 3:12-13; 10:19-25>
1. Some incorrect ways in building godly relationships
- By intuition
- By common benefits
- By overprotecting ourselves
2. We need each other. Why?
1) Becoz God has ordained fellowship as our spiritual need
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. ~ <Acts 2:42>
- Fellowship (koinonía) – sharing in something with someone
- Fellowship is a mutual bond that Christians have with Christ that puts us in a deep, eternal relationship with one another. ~ John Piper
- Practical sense?
- What work against fellowship then?
2) There is a pressing need to persevere our faith, with the realities of spiritual enemies
- Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. ~ <Heb 3:12-13>
- Therefore, be deliberate to encourage one another daily – Build a culture
3) There is a need to run the race to the end.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. ~ <Heb 10:24-25>
3. What should we pray for in year 2018?
- A transformation of the heart – toward the value of godly relationship
- Take note and be involved in important events
- More engagement, more commitment with one another
- Practically need each other more