13 May We Have To Rescue Our Family
We have to rescue our family
Many would have think “we should rescue our family from the World, from sins, from evil, from delinquencies”. But I’m going to start by saying we have to rescue our families from the over-emphasis of our family. Looking at the current norm Christian trends, we might be subtly harming our family by giving it priority over the church.
Verses to read:
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
1. To serve the Lord means to have a culture that is God-pursuing
1) Having the existence of a figure head (God) that is so real in this family.
2) With family issues, do not seek family therapy as solutions, seek God.
3) Fulfill the primary function of testifying Christ together as a family.
2. Five questions to check whether my family is serving the Lord
1) What do I see as true blessings for my family? Is it ritualistic or purpose driven?
2) Is Sunday Service a weekly primary event, or a secondary event, for your family?
3) Do you ask for prayers from your brethren, or do you go about solving your own problems?
4) Is evangelism one of the primary concern of our family?
5) Does tithing forms the fundamental stewardship of my family finance?
3. Paying tribute to our mothers
* Recognize fathers and mothers are different and from biblical principles, we know they each have their different roles.
1) God has made Mothers to be doers and helpers
⟹ Children to cultivate the spirit of servitude and learn how to serve.
2) Mothers, being woman, relatively have a weaker temperaments than man
⟹ Children to understand mother’s limitations and weaknesses with love.
3) Mothers are ordained to be givers, and they keep sacrificing willingly.
⟹ Children to appreciate them and seek their happiness.
1. Have we over-emphasis on our family?
2. Have we placed importance of families over church and its glorious involvements?
3. Many people welcome a pro-family msg, but not all are biblical.
4. Have we become so infatuated with our family that we have lost our spiritual responsibilities?