30 Jul Dealing with “Knowing and not Doing”
Dealing with “Knowing and Not Doing”
Verses to read:
45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?
18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.
2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
- The Real Problem behind “Knowing and not Doing”
1) Our Nature – Our very heart (Most people only seek to correct behaviour and attitudes)
2) Did not battle enough to experience the Spirit’s help
3) Great City culture ⟹ City Comfort
- Need good Reminders
1) Be reminded of Christ unchanging love for us, through His word
2) Be reminded of God’s goodness and mercy in Christ
3) Be reminded through pursuing Christ divine qualities in increasing measure.
⟹ 8 qualities: faith; goodness; knowledge; self-control; perseverance; godliness; mutual affection; and love. (Ponder through: How to increase in measure?)
- Few breakthroughs to pray about
1) Spend time reading the Bible everyday
2) Be Consistent and Committed to Worship service
3) Be faithful in tithes and offering
4) Fixed time prayer at work/school (esp. first thing in the morning)
5) Find just one person in school or workplace to engage with the Gospel
- Are you struggling with knowing and not doing? In which area of your life?
- What are the breakthroughs you are hoping to have after the conference?
- To you, what is the hardest breakthroughs for you of the 5 breakthroughs?