10 Aug Anxiety, Prayer, Peace
Anxiety, Prayer, Peace
Verses to read:
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thought.
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
<1 Peter 5:7>
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
1) What is anxiety?
– Emotionally: Uneasy feeling of uncertainty, agitation, dread, or fear
– Spiritually: Being inconsistent with trust in God
2) Anything can make us anxious… (Its a spiritual attack).
3) Can only battle anxiousness through prayer.
2. Pray (with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request…)
1) Petition (Or supplication)
– Be simple and direct in your pleadings with God… Dun worry about eloquent prayers. True prayer is measured by weight, and not by length. ~ Charles Spurgeon.
* Go to God with expectancy and thankfulness because he rewards
3) Present your request to God
- Peace (the outcome)
1) Peace that transcend all understanding (beyond human reasons, mind conditioning, etc)
2) Peace that guard your heart and mind
Ponder: Is peace the absence of anxiety only?
1. Do you think you are more “contented” or “complacent”? How can you be the former without falling into the latter?